Thursday, July 23, 2009

Amazing grace

I guess my brain is structured a bit differently from the others.
Especially people around my age.
Sometimes unrealistic ideas just come out of nowhere
or it is because I has been taught in a different way,
a way that expose you to truth of life.

I watched the movie Amazing Grace at 3 am in the morning.
Movie is a great source of learning.
It tells the story of a compassionate young man,William Wilberforce,
fighing for the abolishment of Slavery for his entire life.
The final bill is passed not long after his death.

It made me start to think once again,
what is the meaning of life when you are all your world?
We should live not just for our selves,but to make a difference in others.
The issue of poverty is always bothering me.
Maybe I should and had to do something.

But sadly,I am not Wilberforce,
I don't have a William Pitt to be with me.
And I can't act freely when I am struggling with poverty problems myself.
However, it doesn't mean that I can't do anything.
Tough time do not last,but tough people do.

One great quote from the movie:
Remember that smell,
Remember Madagascar,
Remember that God makes man equal.

No comments: