Monday, July 06, 2009

My volunteering experience

I started to do volunteer work at KK hospital about two weeks ago.
Today it's my second time doing volunteering work there.
My job is simple, just playing with the children in the ward.


Children are meant to be happy,to be free and to be healthy.
But not those children at the hospitals.
Obviously they don't smile as bright as those in this photo.
I know some of them are sad,
for the fact to be stuck in the hospital,
for the fact that they are sick.

The first day I volunteered did not expose me much to the hard side of life.
I thought they are just seeking treatment, after that they will be fine.


But some of them are seriously ill.
I saw a kid inside the lift, laying on the bed with an oxygen mask to help her to breath.
Her mum covered her eyes for her, so that she don't have to get nervous when looking around.
I can hear she breath,I know that she must be suffering.
There is another kid inside the ward, who is really naughty.
He gets aggressive sometimes,I couldn't understand why.
Then I knew that he is a special need kid and he is a regular of the hospital.
It won't feel good to be a regular of the hospital.

I know that I may not make a difference in their life,
but i think it will make a difference in mine.
Recently my WISP tutor showed this great movie,Hotel Rwanda.
You should really appreciate your life, at least we have the rights to enjoy our life.


Finally met up with sis after she was quarantined for 1 week.
She took lots of picture of London and Ireland, which makes me feel like going.
I really think it's time for me to think for my future,
and to be independent.
I have been too overly reliant.

20 is approaching.I don't think I am going to make any wish this year.
What is the point of wishing when wishes don't really come true?

No comments: