Sunday, November 07, 2010

The social norm

Social norms are the behaviours, beliefs and values that is used in a group.
Though the social norms may not be the correct ones.
People succumb to social norms to fit into the group.
Most of us are  living up to the expectation of other people, not oursevles.

Everyone has been telling me to find a boyfriend.
Li Sze, Yu Lin and even bestie told me so.
Is there a law states that I must find a bf in uni?
Must I get married coz everyone is doing that?

I don't have anything against falling in love or getting married.
Why doesn't want to find a loved one?
But if I really cannot find one, then forget about it.
I still can live a happy life.
I hate to follow the norms.
Can't we live our life with a bit of creativity?
Why must we live with other people's expectation?

Well.I am desperate.
I am desperate for love, friendship and kinship,
those things that sparks up my life.
Bless me.

No comments: